STARscanner Laser Data Acquisition System
Cranial Center provides STARband™ cranial remolding orthoses to address deformational Plagiocephaly and post-operative cranial remolding orthoses for craniosynostosis.
The Advantages of our STARband® system
The STARband™ and STARscanner® provide proven treatment outcomes while making the cranial remolding treatment process less stressful for infants and parents.
- Non-invasive scanning replaces the traditional inefficient plaster casting process.
- Scans are safe from all potential hazards and take less then two seconds to complete with simple photographic 3D imaging.
- The STARscanner® is the most comprehensive data acquisition system with software specifically designed to safely document head shape measurement and symmetry changes from the beginning to the end of treatment.
- Scan reports can be generated to measure the effectiveness of conservative physical therapy treatments and repositioning techniques prior to initiating helmet therapy.
- Measures effectiveness of cranial remolding orthosis treatment by documenting outcomes for physicians and parents.
- Provides insurance companies with specific measurements, information, and quantitative outcome analysis.